4 1/3 cups all purpose flour
Extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp. salt
1 pack. 7 gr. dry active yeast
4 tablespoons minced garlic
3 tablespoons fresh rosemary (chopped)
1. In a big bowl combine the flour, salt, garlic and
yeast with 6 Tbsp. olive oil and then add some warm
water slowly mixing with a fork. Add warm water a bit at
a time and continue mixing until you have nice pliable
2. Knead the dough with your hands for about 10 minutes
and then shape into a ball, put it in a well oiled bowl
and cover it with a kitchen towel.
3. Let it stand in a warm, dry place for 1 hour.
4. The dough should double in size. Punch down the dough
and turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface.
Knead the dough a little bit more and then press it onto
a sheet pan greased with olive oil.
5. Poke the dough with your fingers to give it a dimpled
look and then set it aside to rise again for 30 minutes.
6. Brush it generously with olive oil.
7. Bake it in a preheated oven at 450° for 15 to 20
8. About 5 minutes before its done remove from the oven,
brush with a little more olive oil and sprinkle with
fresh rosemary and sage leaves. Put it back in the oven
for another 5 minutes or until done.
9. If the Focaccia browns too quickly while baking cover
it with tin foil.